I am certainly not an ace of space. I’m an aerospace engineering student at the University of Michigan. The closest I’ll ever get to space is watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and crying, alone in my mother’s basement. If I want to get closer, I might throw on a Tiesto record for good measure. I will never know more about the policies, agenda, or future of the industry than the person sitting next to me, but I will act like I do. If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s arguing. Mostly, I argue about things that I know nothing about. The less I know, the more likely I am to anger somebody who wastes time caring about what I have to say. That’s usually my focus.

Someone told me that I should begin this blog by empathizing with my potential readers. Then I thought, people that I want reading this blog will be on the same page as me from Day 1. No introduction necessary. They’ll just “get it.” In the time you would have spent reading about my personal life, I suggest you watch this video.

That is how I feel every time the government pushes through a new “plan” that effectively reroutes the space budget. Varying government funding implies that jobs may be lost. When jobs are lost, my future looks dim, and when my future looks dim, I drink.

For all of you that are concerned about the blog title, you can rest easy. It is in fact a reference to the transcendent Swedish rock band Ace of Base. For those of you not familiar with their music, this blog is not for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




ú

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Gecko & Amp modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.