Atmospheric science Ph.D. student Harvey Elliott [that's me!] spent the summer chasing dust storms and measuring their electrical charges. My travels took me to Niamey, Niger and Boulder City, Nevada where I was working with AOSS Professor Nilton Renno to better understand the phenomenon of the electrification of dust and sand particles as they bounce along a surface. I wont say too much here, but my experiences were covered recently in the November 2010 issue of Discover Magazine [page 34] and on Michigan Engineering's blog, LabLog, here.



Read more about Professor Nilton Renno

Learn more about Professor Renno's ENG 450 class

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




รบ

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Gecko & Amp modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.