by: Jimmy Gawron – Systems Engineering Intern at Orbital Sciences Corporation and MEng Student

This summer I had the awesome opportunity of working at Orbital as a systems engineering intern. I worked in the Science and Technology Business Development group where I was responsible for the technical design of spacecraft buses and end-to-end space missions for several NASA proposals. This involved the first order sizing of the spacecraft bus to accommodate payload requirements, the design of the communications architecture, and determination of the mission operations. I was given a lot of responsibility on high profile ventures, which provided for an exciting summer. I found Orbital’s work environment to be very high energy, and the internship helped to enhance my engineering and team working skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




ú

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by Gecko & Amp modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.